At the Welker residence we are gearing up for the biggest sporting event in the world, the 2010 World Cup! The US Mens National team qualified and are participating so this gives us more reason to get excited.
Some of you may know that we are huge soccer (aka futbol) fans and Thomas is the president of the American Outlaws: Salt City Chapter and with that he has watch party planning responsibilities. Our first event will be at the Republican to watch the Yanks vs England, Saturday, June 12th at noon! We are very excited for this game because if we can beat England it will show the world that the United States are a major contender for the cup. I believe we will get out of our group however I know there are some good teams out there. I wish our boys the best of luck!
ESPN has created murals for the participating countries. I really love the one they made for the U.S.
Stay tuned as for the next month or so I will be trying to keep up on posting updates of our watch parties and other various events going on. (ie Bike MS)
P.S. Thomas and I are still training for Bike MS but I must say Thomas is killin' me on actually following through on training.



No comments:
Post a Comment